Founded on September 30, 1946
1943 James and Ella Zuch moved to West Palm Beach Florida. 1946 September 30 Florida Evangelistic Association was chartered with five members. Rev. H. Robb French, Geraldine French, James Zuck, Ella Zuch and Frances French.
The first Sea Breeze Camp was advertised, less than 100 people attended in February. The “Bloom Trio”
Property in West Palm Beach was sold, and the property in Hobe Sound purchased.
Rev. & Mrs. S.D. Herron and daughter moved from Tennessee the Hobe Sound to begin the Bible college.
Rev. H. Robb French and Rev. S. D. Herron established a training center for missions. Mission property was purchased in the Bahamas Islands. In the spring of 1961, nearly all of the faculty and student body attended the dedication.
Rev. Phil Newton and family were the first missionaries to the Bahamas.
Hobe Sound Bible College opened.
The property for the girl’s dorm, library, and elementary school was purchased from Wilson Palm Gardens.
Enrollment was over 100 students.
The first commencement of Hobe Sound bible College. The two graduates were, Raymond Shreve and Robert Whitaker.
The classroom and library complex was completed.
The Joseph Deckard family, experienced printers, moved from Indiana and began the print shop.
Rev. G. R. French and wife Ann and family moved to Hobe Sound and joined college faculty.
The third tabernacle complex was built on the north side of the campus on 30 acres of land. (CEC auditorium) the cost was $75,000.
The Taiwan mission work was opened. In the early 70′s due to the community of year round residents there was realize the need of a church. (Regular service had been held since the early 60′s with Rev. S. D. Herron overseeing them). Rev. Ponder Frederick, then a faculty member at HSBC, organized a summer ministry and served as a summer pastor for several years. In 1978 Rev. and Mrs. Robert Pelton were called as the first full time pastor.
Rev. G. R. French became president of Florida Evangelistic Association. (FEA)